For privacy and security, Google Map is approximate only.
Superb architectural ensemble consisting of a 750 sq mtr convent with 25 Franciscan monk cells (bedrooms), all tastefully decorated, a reception room, large Baroque styled authentic chapel of more than 750 sq mtr.
On the whole, more than 1500 sq meters of living space, surrounded by a 1-hectare landscape park edging a river. The convent belongs to an artist- painter.
The convent dates back from the year 1260, some more recent parts dating from the XVII and XVIII centuries.
On the Ground floor there is a stone sitting room, totally vaulted, large fireplace, fully equipped professional kitchen (oven, 4 gas hobs, fridge, dish washer, lockers), vaulted dining room with a large dining table, an adjoining storage room with fridge, lockers, and pantry, vaulted laundry room.
1 cell bedroom with two twin beds, private bathroom with WC.
On the Mezzanine floor there is a shower room, washbasin, and WC.
On the First floor (to the right) there is a private apartment with hallway to a bedroom with a double bed, 1 bathroom with washbasin and WC, a sitting room/bedroom with sofas and a double bed, supplementary bedroom with a single bed and fireplace.
Also on the First floor (to the left) through a long vaulted corridor providing access to astone terrace facing the garden, there are two bedrooms each with two twin beds, shower room, private WC. A double bedroom with shower room, washbasin, and WC.
On the Mezzanine floor there is a music room with a grand piano, library with an access to the dry-stoned sunny terrace.
On the Second floor (to the right) there is a private apartment with a large hallway, 1 bathroom with washbasin and WC, a bedroom with a single bed, 1 large parquet floor sitting room, fireplace, TV, sofa, supplementary bedroom with a fireplace.
Also on the Second floor (to the left) through a long hallway facing the sea, with access to a group of small “monk cell” bedrooms, 5 double bedrooms with two twin beds each, shower room with washbasins and WC.
Outside on the West side there is a parish garden, Mediterranean style, with white rose bushes, a large terrace with a large dining table to take lunch or dinner under the arbor of grapevines and roses, while surrounded by ancient ruins dating back to the 13th century. There is also an open sky cave dating from the 12th century, ideal for long siestas in the fresh air.
On the East side there is a park, a stone terrace facing the swimming pool with a “dinner corner”, modern swimming pool (22m X 5m), swimming piste style, 1 hectare landscape park built on several levels with various species of trees.
The Baroque Chapel can be used as a ball oom or for candlelight dinners, comprising beautiful Baroque relicts. (The chapel is not accessible during any scheduled concerts).
Amenities include: TV, DVD player, Washer and Dryer, dishwasher, oven, microwave oven, fridges, fireplaces, linens and towels.
DISCLOSURE: On certain times of the year a nightclub neigbouring the Covent may disturb those sleeping in some bedrooms exposed to the Noise, depending on wind direction.
The Covent is an amazing place with numerous cells to sleep. However, we prefer keeping the number of guests inferior to 18.
Location: France, Haute Corse, Oletta. St Florent port and the beaches: 7 km, Bastia/Porette airports are 20 min away.